Search This Blog

Saturday 17 January 2015

Highland Pipes anyone?

Dear All,
One or two of you may be aware of a small January challenge I have set myself. We are having a Burns Day round ours next Sunday with friends (not night due to the bairns) and I am going to play Amazing Grace on the Highland Pipes. I have a teacher and am practising wt a chanter and it's going ok (apart from needing epic strength in my lips and the bizarre fingering) but I need a set of pipes. Most pipers don't lend their sets to strangers on ridiculous 2 week missions. eBay sells them for £65 and unbelievably you can buy children's ones in lidl right now...

So I need the set from Weds - Mon or Tues week. They can be in any key and of any quality, so long as they actually play. 

Does anyone have any? Or know of any ? There must be a set in a loft somewhere.

Well if you do - there's a bottle if scottish whisky fur you.

Thanks

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment