Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 September 2014

From Steve about this Saturday (27th) at Brinkburn


I've been asked to get a small choir together to support the singing at a Christening at Brinkburn.  The format on the day is straightforward enough - I'll play some music while guests arrive and your job is simply to lead the singing of the hymns (which are listed below).  All the tunes are well known and I'm happy for people to sing either unison or harmony - whichever you prefer.  I'll bring some hymn books down from church, but please also bring your own if you have them (Hymns Old & New).

As you're singing in the choir, you can get into Brinkburn for free and the family have offered to make a donation to the church, which I can use for buying some choir music.  

We can do a run through on the day before the service - I suggest we are down there and ready to sing for 10:45.  The service starts at 11:30.  

Dress wise, I suggest we just wear whatever you would normally wear for a Christening - no need to colour coordinate.  We are invited to stay for drinks afterwards too!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.  

Drop me an email (steven.buckley@talk21.com) if you think you can make it. 

Hymns are:

Morning has broken

Be still, for the presence of the lord

Lord of all hopefulness

Amazing Grace

Thanks

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment