Search This Blog

Thursday 16 January 2014

The Benevolent Dictatorship



 
As you know, I had to miss quite a few rehearsals last term, far more than I would usually miss. As the challenges continue in the cultural and educational sectors, it means that my time in my day job is more and more pressed and I quite often simply have to drop everything to go somewhere. Sometimes I go to places where I gain benefits that I bring back to you (Brazil, Europe.....) but sometimes, frankly, it’s a meeting in London that I need to be at.


I was really hoping that this term would be different with better planning and a New Year to try again in, and I knew of one date in March I couldn’t do and was well prepared for. However! I now have to go to London on Monday and so won’t be at the rehearsal.



I know that you enjoy working with other conductors, but I’m also aware that chopping and changing isn’t what you signed up for, so I wanted to thank you for your patience and let you know that I will continue to attempt to plan well ahead. There are bound to be more last minute changes like this, as this is what the climate demands right now, but I won’t leave you exposed or underprepared and you will always be in safe hands.


If you want to talk about this, please do drop me an email or grab a champion and Len is looking forward to seeing you all on Monday.


Thanks,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment